News at Valiant.org
- Sorry for the benign neglect. Removed in-image ads. Mobile version improvements. Tried to streamline code and improve speed.
- New home page graphic for the first time in years - greater clarity
- Fixed “sidebar on bottom of page” issue
- Two updates to the specifications
- Experimented with content-management and desktop template-driven software to achieve mobile friendliness; did not achieve it (yet).
- Updated the specifications for 1974 and 1975.
- Did a lot of formatting work to make the site more friendly on mobile phones; then screwed it all up by using Ezoic.
- Thanks to Daniel Stern, fixed the common repairs page
- Deleted multiple bad links; fixed many other bad links; updated some, throughout the site
- Updated Project Valiant page
- Fixed/streamlined universal headers and footers
- Streamlined home page
- Added specifications to the stats page and other relevant pages
- Valiant Engineering leader Bob Sinclair’s 1959 report on how the car was created, and why
- Extensive update to 1973 Valiant specs
- Added to the brake upgrades page
- Numerous 1960 Valiant specifications and more photos added
- Some 1963 Valiant specs, including acceleration times from Tom McCahill’s review, added
- 1963 section of chronology enhanced with Tom McCahill comments
- 1968 Valiant - full specifications including engine, dimensions, suspension, steering detail
- Did a much-needed editing job on the A-bodies page
- Changes to the repairs page including addition of headlight relays for better reliability, brightness; and lower load
- Edited the electrical problems page
- Added 1974 Chrysler A-body car specifications
- Updated the Valiant - Duster - Dart (etc) electrical repairs page
- Bob Lincoln’s slant six upgrade tips
- New: Bulbs and fuses for 1974-76 models
- Seat/carpet replacement
- New Australian Hemi Six page
- New Valiant V8s page
- 1967 Australian model (Valiant VC) coverage increased; Australian Valiant cleanup, additions
- 1967 U.S. Valiant, Barracuda, and Dart page
- Speedometer fix
- New Duster photos
- General cosmetic and coding updates, clever table effects, fixed some images
- Cleaned up most pages and removed obsolete or untrustworthy information and pages
- Integrated photos more
- New page footers and search engine
- Many photos added to the chron section
- Copyright registration updated
- Many photos added to promos/models page; added to engines page
- Added to Valiant project page
- Added 1973 to specs (engines, some body dimensions and such); added 1973 details to Dart page (February 1)
- Added 1972 Dodge Dart, Demon, and Swinger details
- Added Dodge Dart page
- Added another quote to the home page (November?)
- Added Valiant TV van to Australian images, October 8
- Added engine list with power ratings, September 12.
- Added introduction material for the 1960 Valiants, September 6.
- Added 1968 specifications, photos July 25.
- Added 1967 specifications on June 2.
- Added to the chronology (substantially) in April.
- Added a lovely 1963 Valiant photo on March 9.
- November: Updated the general look of the site; Common repairs and tune-ups; Project: Valiant Survivor
- August: Updated the repairs page and slant-six performance upgrades page.
- July: We buy a Valiant after only 20 years of lacking an A-body. Follow our progress as we take a 12,000-mile survivor and try to bring it up to daily-driver and then show quality status. (It's not a daily driver - we can only put 2,100 miles per year on it now - but we have to make sure everything's highway-ready first!). The first deadline: the Slant Six Club's October picnic.
- March: Taxis added to A-bodies page
- February: Repairs page updated (seat replacement); Valiant movie update; Links page update
- Hyper-Pak specs added to the slant six performance page
- Added 1973 details to the chronology page
- Curtis Redgap tells the full, true story of the Plymouth Duster - how it was sneaked into existence to become Chrysler's biggest hit!
- Added 1975 to the chronological history of the Valiant; added some 1975 photos
- Added 1962 to the chronological history of the Valiant
- Edited, updated, and prettied up the Australian Valiant section
- Cleaned up the images section, making it much easier on browsers; added 1962 images.
- Minor cosmetic improvements
- Fixed a huge number of images that were not loading, including the wiring.
- A-bodies of Brazil
- Substantial updates to the Valiant chronology
- (And again! We made TWO major expansions in October!)
- (And again! Make that THREE major expansions!)
- General repairs to links and appearances
- New engineering page
- Added substantial new info to the history page
- Added link to the 1960 Valiant detailed page added in April or May
- Updated and cleaned the A-bodies page
- Note: Allpar.com updated their Australian Royal/Plainsman page
- Added Feather Duster photos from Richard Benner.
- Paint codes added to repairs page.
- Valiant registry added to links page
- Minor update to Australian Valiant section
- Substantial update to South African Valiant
- Substantial update to the electrical repairs section
- Added links to South African Valiant page
- Updated parts sources page and e-mail addresses
- Removed Sprinks advertisements
- Updated parts sources page
- Updated links
- Added to the repairs section - removing the back seat
- New Falcon show car page
- Photos of the Falcon show car on which the Valiant was based
- Modified main graphics, style sheet (appearance) - moved from maroon to teal, made other minor changes
- New material on index page
- Less annoying advertising installed.
- Updated Webring code.
- Made small modification to style sheet
- Weber carburetor page added - brief but I hope it will grow
- New Aussie parts source
- Valiant IV information added to the Argentine Valiant page
- Fixed the A-bodies page
- Updated book links
- Added Lancer vs Neon link; added short Lancer description to "a-bodies" page.
- Renovated front page yet again by adding an index column and cleaning up the top. Cut advertising in half to help with load times...then cut advertising again!
- Fixed problem which caused Netscape users to see ads - and nothing else!
- New article from Bill Watson on adding shoulder belts and rear seat belts
- New story about Billy Watson's 1976 Valiant Brougham
- Fixed bad links in header
- Engine swap information (slant six to V8)
- Updated wiring diagrams - thanks, Dave Wordinger!
- New photos in the American and Australian Valiant pages
- New page on transmission availability
- New page on heating systems (1960s)
- New page on speedometer cables/repairs
- New page on reviews / impressions of Australian Valiants
- Added several items to the repairs page
- Updated the models and promos page with substantial new information by Mike Sealey
- Updated Venezuela section slightly
- Added a new story to the stories page
- Substantial upgrades to the repairs page.
- Updated the parts section
- Added 1973 Duster 340 photos to the North American photo page, as well as a 1969 VF photo for the Australian page. Added the Duster 340 photo to the Duster page.
- Cleaned up the Australian photo page a little.
- Updated South African Valiant information at Allpar.com
- Wiring diagrams added, courtesy of Dave Wordinger
- Added to the slant six performance information
- New ad code to compensate for very soft ad market
- Full-site cosmetic cleanup and code repairs including index page redesign
- National Need for Speed event coverage added
- Thanks to Franciso Bóscolo, specifications of various Valiant models added, more to come.
- South American area expanded, thanks to Francisco Bóscolo. Argentina, Brazil, and Venezuala sections split off to be their own pages. Much more coming.
- New page on a New Zealand Hemi Charger transplanted to the US - where it blows away some Mustangs at the track
- Added squealing noise to the repair section
- Starting to move to a standard style sheet.
- New owner forum software with new features.
- Sponsorship starts.
- Yet another major redesign of the front page.
- Started moving to server side includes throughout the site for standardization and easy changes.
- New exhaust manifold crack and not-starting notes in the repairs page.
- Two substantial and time-consuming redesigns of front page
- New information on models added
- New page for the Safari, Ranger, and Regal
- New photos of Australian models
- Added Hemi sound .wav file
- New electrical info
- New suspension repair tips (also separated suspension repairs from the main fix-it page)
- Added substantially to the South American section - new Venezuala subsection with good detail on the various Valiant varieties sold throughout South America.
- Added substantially to the 3700 description (look in the Spain section).
- Added advertisements from Australia for VJ series and updated hardtop info
- Added a story with lots of photos (Big B Gill)
- Created a South American photos page
- Created a Spain page
- Bryan Thalbourne sent over a Pacer photograph page complete with pictures! and minor corrections to the VIP and other pages.
- Many changes including a standardized "footer", new pictures (and some pictures rearranged), general work on the site's appearance.
- Added a whole bunch of Australian VIP photos
- Put in a section on upgrading to dual master cylinders (brakes)
- Added Safari picture to Australian page, V-280 photos to US Valiant photo page, parts suppliers to parts page.
- Added Barracudas of Canada section, added significantly to the Valiants of Australia section, and added a couple of interesting new links.
- Added slant six performance page
- Added South America section including Brazil and Argentina.
- Added a good, long story, about Ron's 1964 Valiant and its renovation. Many photos.
- We've finally gotten the message board and the mailing list up. Soon we'll take the classified ads in-house. We updated the history on the main page too, and added a story.
- Added Scamp pictures to the A-bodies page.
- Brought the introduction from valiant.html into index.html. Eliminated valperf.html and merged that in with slant6 pages at Chrysler Central [that would be Allpar, later.]
- The Canada page has been updated every week, and is finally finished.
- A separate Duster page was added.
- Specialized classified ads created.
- Updated the Canada page to 1965. Fascinating stuff.
- New links and Centura page. Added a classifieds feature.
- The "what's new" page started on August 1, 1998, four years after the original site was created! (It didn't move to the valiant.org domain until about 1998.)